Version 1.4 of JobCareer brought the stunning feature of SMTP. You can configure your SMTP setting from your WP-admin dashboard. Why to use SMTP
- Send email using a SMTP sever.
- You can use Gmail’s SMTP server if you have an account with them.
- Seamlessly connect your WordPress blog with a mail server to handle all outgoing emails (it’s as if the email has been composed inside your mail account).
- Securely deliver emails to your recipients.
SMTP General Settings The general settings section consists of the following options
- Enable SMTP: to enable sending email with SMTP configurations.
- Send via Gmail: to enable to configure Gmail SMTP settings to send emails
To check Gmail SMTP configurations: see following link
- SMTP Host: Your outgoing mail server (example: smtp.gmail.com)
- SMTP Port: The port that will be used to relay outbound mail to your mail server (example: 465)
- Secure connection prefix: SSL/TLS
- Use SMTPAuth: No/Yes (This option should always be checked “Yes”)
- SMTP username: The username that you use to login to your mail server
- SMTP Password: The password that you use to login to your mail server
- Sender e-mail: The email address that will be used to send emails to your recipients
- Sender name: The name your recipients will see as part of the “from” or “sender” value when they receive your message
- Enable debugging? This option is only for developers use if you want to debug your email sending issues. By default, this option should be turned OFF.